Well, what an exciting day! My friend Natalie and I were going to go take our kids to get their pictures taken at Walmart. When we set out on our journey, everything was calm and normal. (Yes, even with teenagers in the car!) She was driving her Durango, and we were on our way. About 4 miles from home is where the incident occurred. It was at a very busy intersection and we ran into a Chevy mini van spinning it 90 degrees and blowing out the 2 rear side windows. The lady was so nice, the best kind of person to get in an accident with. Even hugs were exchanged at the end of the endeavor.
The Durango is probably totalled and we do not know yet about the mini van. Accidents are no fun.
Luckily, no one was hurt other than some stiffness and a little whiplash. We had 5 kids with us. Most of which have never been in a car accident before....(well, maybe some of them.....that one winter when I drove through Natalie's closed garage door because of ice.......hummmmm - oh the adventures!) So Nick, Megan and Matt were my kids in the car and Sydney and Kim were Natalie's kids. Megan had on her seat belt but Matt and Nick put theirs on after we were stopped.....not sure why. Needless to say, everyone is doing really good at always wearing their seat belts. How would it be to be 38 and never been in a car accident.....driving or passenger. This was Natalie's first accident. Wish I could say that....I kind of lost count........ :)
Guess we will just get the kids pictures taken another day.................

2 comments:
I have heard that "everything comes in threes." So maybe you are done with the accidents! Please be careful!!
I am liking this bubble wrap idea of yours. So glad to hear that you all are okay.
Post a Comment