Our Family

We laugh together. We love together. We laugh together.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Broken COLLARBONE!!!

What is up with that? Yes, we can say that Disneyland had left a "scar" for life on me! After today's surgery that is. It is hard to explain or even imagine how the whole incident happened. We had just had lunch in a parking lot by Disneyland and were getting ready to go back into the park...I was chasing my son (we were just playing, and yes, he is 15..and I WOULD have caught him!) Anyway, I stepped (really ran) off the curb and thinking that the mobile parking curb thingy (don't know the correct term for it) was in a normal position. Apparently, I took flight, did a flip of some sort in the air and landed on my collarbone/head/knee/hand/ear. I have found the weirdest bruises in the weirdest places! Anyway, all is good and going in for surgery today to get the 300% moved bones back to their own zip code! Can't wait for that. The funniest thing is that I fell in a handicap parking stall. I guess I'm not getting any younger and someone is trying to give me a sign!! THE X-RAY See the one that is turned the wrong way?
Right after surgery......I was so cold, so I had all those yummy warm blankeys!!!
Here are my 12 stitches. Looks like a caterpillar or something on my shoulder! Amazing!!

2 comments:

Paul Ferney said...

Hope you feel better! Post an update when you can.

Jody and Dave Lindsay said...

What would North Gem say about this? I hope your son is waiting on you hand and foot......!
JODY