Our Family

We laugh together. We love together. We laugh together.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Alane's CLEAN Camera

Christmas 2006 I got an awesome camera. It was a Canon SD630. Loved it! It could go with me everywhere and could even shoot video. It was nice and small and would just fit in my pocket. It was missing for quite a few days and didn't know where I had left it. One day Greg grabbed a load of clothes and put them in the washer. Then of course the dryer. I was on the computer and he came to ask me if I knew where my camera was. He said he found it cause he heard it going round and round in the dryer! The dryer! Which meant that it had gone through the complete washer cycle! I couldn't believe it. Apparently I had it in the pocket of my pants!! Crap! We hurried and took it apart hoping that we could dry it out. Nothing worked. I basically stuck it in a box for about 5 months. Then I decided to get it out and just see. Just see if it would actually work. Well, it did. Really the only thing wrong with it was the battery didn't last very long, but I had a backup one, so no big deal. Seriously, I couldn't believe that it worked! The video, the flash, everything. So, I guess that is a lesson of patience that I had to learn. Not an easy one, but worth it!!

2 comments:

M&EMS said...

Seriously! I still laugh when I hear this story. It's better than my camera in the sand dunes story. Love you guys!

Kara said...

How did I miss all of these posts? I SWEAR I have been checking your blog, and I haven't see anything new for a long time. Oh well. It was nice to read up on the North Ogden Ferneys. Alane, did you say that you have a job? What is it?